The finals are in! Every year, in celebration of Earth Day, GXT Green recognizes organizations that have made significant contributions to sustainability efforts in their individual companies, their communities, or to the planet. This year, we are pleased to recognize six individuals and two corporations as champions making a difference for our planet. All individuals who nominated candidates in 2013 are also now doing their part for our environment as well. Each of them has received a free WheelSeal Medallion for their car, which indicates that GXT Green has offset the carbon footprint of their vehicle for the year.
For 2013, there were thirteen finalists chosen from the nominations received. Eight of these nominees were selected by our judges to receive recognition as champions. Manas Chatterjee, President and CEO of GXT Green commented “We are thankful that so many individuals are doing so much to protect our environment. We thank these champions and all of the nominees for their accomplishments in sustainability”.
The detailed list of champions, which includes a description of their accomplishments, can be found at www.gxtgreen.com/honorroll.
Public Sector and NGO Champions:
- Rob Garrity, Executive Director, Mass Climate Action Network.
- Massachusetts State Representative Lori Ehrlich
- Massachusetts State Senator Jamie Eldridge
- John R. Connolly, At-Large Boston City Councilor
- Jen Jordan, Recycling Coordinator, City of Iowa City
- Bill DeWitt, Town Councilor in Barrington RI
- Expressway Toyota, Boston MA
- Roche Brothers/Sudbury Farms Groceries, Wellesley MA
You can view previous Honor Roll Winners by following the links below: